Feature on Dr. Elizabeth Reid Boyd & The Secrets of Mindful Beauty

This week Feature on Author is on Dr. Elizabeth Reid Boyd and she has a new book, The Secrets of Mindful Beauty.




Dr Elizabeth Reid Boyd has degrees in psychology and gender studies. She has taught interpersonal, communication, and personal development skills including meditation, self-awareness, self-care and mindfulness at the university level for almost two decades. She writes fiction as Eliza Redgold.

Connect with Dr. Elizabeth Reid Boyd:

Website           Facebook       Twitter




What are a few things we would find on your desk?

Flowers.


What motivates you to write? 

Creativity, like mindfulness, is regenerative. Writing gives me more energy.


Share something about yourself no one else knows?

I meditate regularly – but with The Secrets of Mindful Beauty now out, it isn’t a secret anymore!


Tell us about your book… 

The Secrets of Mindful Beauty is about reclaiming the practices of beauty and self-care, and turning them into experiences that assist us to be present and accepting of ourselves, our bodies and our thoughts and feelings. Mindfulness can be used to reduce stress and enhance beauty.  The revolutionary treatments in The Secrets of Mindful Beauty have been specially created for a happier, more beautiful you.


Buy on:

Amazon Kindle
          Amazon Paperback

Amazon Aus
              Amazon UK

Book Depository


11 comments:

  1. What genre in fiction do you write?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I write romance (Harlequin) and historical fiction (St Martin's Press) too. You can find details at elizaredgold.com Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that your meditation practice is no longer secret ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ;) I was shy about it, actually! Meditating in front of my university students was a quite a challenge at first, but turned out to be a wonderful experience.

      Delete
  3. I've never tried meditation. But I love flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wandered lonely as a cloud
      That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
      When all at once I saw a crowd,
      A host, of golden daffodils;
      Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
      Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

      Continuous as the stars that shine
      And twinkle on the milky way,
      They stretched in never-ending line
      Along the margin of a bay:
      Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
      Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

      The waves beside them danced; but they
      Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
      A poet could not but be gay,
      In such a jocund company:
      I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
      What wealth the show to me had brought:

      For oft, when on my couch I lie
      In vacant or in pensive mood,
      They flash upon that inward eye
      Which is the bliss of solitude;
      And then my heart with pleasure fills,
      And dances with the daffodils.

      (Wordsworth)

      Thought you might like this Mary - thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. I've never tried meditation but heard some people saying it helps them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help - I hope you try it sometime! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. I've tried meditating but haven't stuck with it long enough to do it properly. I've been meaning to pick it up and learn how to do it right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried meditating. It's hard for me to stay still that long.

    ReplyDelete

You can discuss your romance novel addiction too!