Feature on Amy Ruttan & Baby Bombshell for the Doctor Prince

This week our Feature on Author is on: Amy Ruttan and her new book, Baby Bombshell for the Doctor Prince



Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, Amy fled the big city to settle down with the country boy of her dreams. When she's not furiously typing away at her computer, she's a mom to three children.
Life got in the way, and after the birth of her second child, she decided to pursue her dream of becoming a romance author.

Connect with Amy Ruttan over the web:

Website       Twitter        Facebook


What was something you loved doing in recent times?

I love to crochet. I love Strong by Zumba (now called Strong Nation) and I've been sewing, which I find quite relaxing.

What are the most important magazines for writers to subscribe to?

I don't subscribe to any magazines. Maybe when I was first published I would suggest Romantic Times, but they're no longer in publication. Writer's Digest is a good place to start, but I don't read a lot of magazines. I have a digital subscription to Publisher's Marketplace, but they also have a free version called Publisher's Lunch. Again, it's not imperative to have a subscription to any of these. The best thing to do when targeting a publisher is 1. read their submission guidelines 2. follow those guidelines 3. And read their newest titles.

What’s your favorite under-appreciated novel?

I don't know if it's under-appreciated, but I love Lost in the Barrens by Farley Mowatt. We read it in school, everyone else in my class hated it. I LOVED it, but I'm drawn to north because of my ancestry. I also think that Underground to Canada by Barbara Smucker doesn't get enough mention. Everyone should read that book. I like to read a lot of books, I couldn't pick my most favourite and to me, the books I read are very much appreciated so I wouldn't know what book would be under-appreciated. 

Tell us about your book...

My book is my 25th with Harlequin medicals. The hero is a prince in hiding, a spare to the heir, while his country revolts. He has a one night stand with my heroine and when he's forced to leave and go into hiding, he doesn't expect to see her again. He's placed in Yellowknife and is working for my heroine. He discovers she's pregnant with his heir and she discovers he's a prince. She agrees to marry him to protect their baby, but love quickly develops in close quarters.


Baby Bombshell for the Doctor Prince

His secret: he’s a prince!

Her secret: she’s carrying his baby!

After ER doc Lev Vanin shared one unforgettable night with gorgeous Dr. Imogen Hayes, he never expected to see her again. He couldn’t tell Imogen he’s actually a prince! But when a revolution at home forces Lev into hiding, he ends up working in Imogen’s hospital and his secret is out! Plus, Lev’s life is about to be turned upside down once again…because Imogen’s pregnant with his heir!


Buy on:

Amazon Aust                Amazon UK

Harlequin US                M&B UK

Kobo                                  

Apple Store                   Harper Collins UK 




9 comments:

  1. I like to crochet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. I just finished crocheting an afghan... for my cats. If both of them like it, I'll make another one. Yeah... busy work. HA

    I've sure been seeing a lot about this book the past few days. Maybe the book gods are trying to tell me something... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see you can crochet a little couch for cats? I have a few friends trying to talk me into that. LOL

      Delete
  3. Amy’s book sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun story! I visited Yellowknife long long time ago. It is one of the most memorable places!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm curious about 'Lost in the Barrens' by Farley Mowatt. :) And congratulations on 25 published titles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great Canadian book about 2 boys who get separated from their hunting party and survive the winter on the barren lands (arctic) in northern Manitoba and Nunavut (what was once part of the NWT). It was written back in the 50's or 60's.

      Delete
  6. Kudos on the 25 medical romances. That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! I hope you enjoy. xo

    ReplyDelete

You can discuss your romance novel addiction too!