Feature on Tamar Sloan and her book 'Prophecy Awakened'!

This week's Feature on Author: Tamar Sloan and her novel, Prophecy Awakened. There's free book for everyone!


Connect with Tamar Sloan on social media:

Website        Facebook       Twitter

What are a few things we would find on your desk?

Lots of dust ;) When you work during the day and write every spare minute it tends to accumulate! Luckily, I'm far more a laptop-on-my-lap kinda gal. I do have a stack of folders and notebooks with all the wisps of paper that I write my bursts of inspiration on (almost always arriving at 3 am). I also have a row of my 'how-to' books lined up for quick reference. If I get stuck on a plot point they're the first place I head to.

What motivates you to write?

Great question! And I think, for me, there's more than one answer. I write to create a book I would love to read. I write to share stories of love that changes lives. I write so people can lose themselves in stories of human resilience and personal growth. And I write to connect with others; I love hearing from readers when my stories have touched them, but I also write my blog PsychWriter to share my knowledge with other writers. Connections are what sustain us humans, so I love that writing can foster that, and it motivates me every day.


Share something about yourself no one else knows?

Interestingly, I never considered I'd be a writer. As a child I loved to read (I devoured romance novels from the moment I discovered them), but it NEVER occurred to me that I could write one myself. But an idea was born (more details on that below) and it wanted to be shared. And once I started I discovered a passion and a talent I didn't know existed! More characters and stories came knocking (some far more insistently and impatiently than others) and I haven't stopped since. It just shows you, never underestimate your potential or what is waiting just around the corner. 

I also hate mangoes, asparagus and massages ;) Oh, and I have tendency to use too many emoticons.

What was your favorite scene to write?

I suspect the answer to this question changes each time I'll be asked it. I loved spending time with Noah and Eden and watching (and crafting) the story of their connection. Every scene was a step forward in that journey. If my arm is being twisted and I have to choose just one it would be the scene where Noah changes for the first time. The lead up is exciting and fast paced and then bam! it happens, you have physical proof of the power of Noah and Eden's connection, and Eden finally has to admit her feelings. Its a beautiful, touching scene that was prophesised centuries ago, but that neither has any idea of the ripple effect it will have.

Tell us about your book…

Prophecy Awakened came to me in a dream (so cliche, right?). But it was a beautiful dream. There was moving scenes of a boy who never came of age like everyone everyone of his kind has. It was a story about the girl who has wounds of her own (and totally underestimates her potential) and the power of their connection. A connection powerful enough to spark Noah's change, and to challenge Eden's beliefs. And it was an idea that wouldn't go away. 

So Prophecy Awakened was conceptualized and created. Its has all the elements of an epic love story; its faced paced and thrilling, it has a delightful dose of humor and wit, and ultimately its touching and moving and beautiful. 



I'm looking forward to hearing what readers think of it.

Prophecy Awakened (Prime Prophecy Series Book 1)



On the first day of her new school all that shy, wounded Eden wants is to finish her senior year and escape to college. It can’t be too much to ask for, can it?

Noah has spent two years not knowing why he failed to come of age as every one of his ances-tors has. Two years drifting aimlessly, searching for direction…

When the two meet the connection is instantaneous and undeniable. A connection that has Eden running and Noah burning to know more.

A connection destined to be the catalyst for a prophecy that neither knew existed.
A prophecy others are willing to kill for.

As families rupture and struggle to realign, as their hearts connect and ignite, Eden learns to trust. But with their love and life on the line, Eden must find the power to believe.

Prophecy Awakened is the first book in Tamar Sloan’s Prime Prophecy Series. If you enjoyed Stephanie Meyer, Lauren Kate or Maggie Stiefvater, then you’ll love a series that captures their best traits in an epic, captivating story of a love that defies boundaries.

17 comments:

  1. I love that it never occurred to her to be a writer before she actually became one, funny how that works sometimes. ;) Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, a kindred spirit! Most people think I'm crazy!

      Delete
    2. Sorry, that was meant for the one below! Isn't life funny sometimes? If someone had of told me this is where I'd be five years ago I would have thought they were bonkers ;)

      Delete
  2. I've never been fond of massages either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A kindred spirit! Most people think I'm crazy :)

      Delete
  3. My desk is full of dust too. On the upside, if you lack paper, you can scribble emergency notes in the dust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds intriguing.
    I wish I could remember my dreams long enough to get on paper. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra,
      I think that's why I was so compelled to write Noah and Eden's story, it was so vivid. Most of my dreams slip through my consciousness too!

      Delete
  5. I love that the story came in the dream. There was a time that I tried to write down what I dreamed as soon as I wake up (otherwise I'd forget what it was about), like dream diary. But it was so hard to remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tamago, yeah, I kept a dream diary for a while, most of the time they're just weird though ;)

      Delete
  6. It's hard to think someone could hate mangoes. LOL! Nice to meet you, Tamar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even like their smell! ;) Hey Chrys, great to connect :)

      Delete
  7. I love mangoes and asparagus - but I've never had a massage! :)

    Story sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jemi, I'm not sure that's normal (the loving mangoes AND asparagus) ;)

      Delete
  8. I loved reading this interview, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, it was really fun answering the questions :)

      Delete

You can discuss your romance novel addiction too!