Spotlight on Soraya Lane!

Romance Book Haven invited Soraya Lane for some fun and fast questions and answers! Let's see Soraya's answers to RBH's fun questions!

Tea or Coffee?

Soraya : Tea. Definitely tea!

Wine or Champagne?
 
Soraya: Hmmm, I don't drink much but I do love champagne. And the odd glass of wine for dinner ...

Sweet or Savouries?
 
Soraya: I am the world's biggest sweet tooth - not a day goes by that I don't consume chocolate :)

Romcon flicks or Action movies?
 
Soraya:  This is a tricky question to answer but I love both. My favorite movie would be an excellent action flick with a high stakes romance. Think a husband going to any lengths to save his wife.

Fan of action movie hero or romantic?
 
Soraya: I don't know if I can pick a favorite hero ... there are so many! Here are some of my favorite heroes from movies: Hugh Jackman in Australia, Channing Tatum in Dear John, Gerard Butler in P.S. I Love You, and when it comes to heroes in books I don't think anyone can write a better alpha hero than Nalini Singh. I tend to read books that are really different to those I write, and I do like a great vampire or paranormal hero!

In my current release, Back in the Soldier's Arms, my hero is an ex-Navy helicopter pilot, and he's struggled with adjusting to civilian life. He's made a big mistake too that could cost him his marriage, but when his soldier wife returns from her tour of duty, he does everything to prove why he's her hero!
 
 
To the outside world, Daniel and Penny Cartwright have it all—a lovely home, a beautiful daughter, successful military careers and a rock-solid marriage. But when Daniel makes a reckless mistake, the foundations of their marriage are shaken. Now he's got to act fast to keep hold of his precious wife.
 
Daniel launches a campaign to win Penny back: he has just a week to do whatever it takes to make her fall in love with him all over again.









About Soraya

As a child, Soraya dreamed of becoming an author, recreating the types of stories she devoured day and night. Fast forward more than a few years, and Soraya is now living her dream. Working as a freelance writer and now a professional author too, she writes every day and loves her job. Soraya describes being a Harlequin Mills & Boon author as "the best career in the world", and she hopes to be writing heart-warming, emotional romances for many years to come.
Soraya loves spending her days thinking up characters for romance stories, and her home is a constant source of inspiration. She lives with her own real life hero and son on a small farm in New Zealand, surrounded by animals and with an office overlooking a field where their horses graze.
 

11 comments:

  1. Fun interview, Soraya. Those were hard questions. I'm not sure I could pick a definitive answer. All the best with your latest release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, cool interview. All the with your new release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My two biggest indulgences are: romance novels and chocolate.

    It's nice to learn more about you, Soraya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soraya, your name is so pretty.

    I envy your day job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Theresa! As a child I hated having a different name, but now I love it :)

    Maria, they are two great indulgences you have ... mine are the same.

    Shelley & Rishal - thanks for stopping by!

    Soraya

    ReplyDelete
  6. In India we a have name "Surraya " , sounds so much like yours. With a name like that you are probably gifted. I am not surprised that you write romantic novels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always say, money can't buy happiness but money can buy CHOCOLATES and it's close enough for me!

    Congrats on your new release Soraya!

    Back in the Soldier's Arms sound interesting. And I saw it on mum's shelf so will probably read it on my break.

    Riya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Soraya,

    Thanks for the fun answers to these questions!

    Congratulations on the release of your Back In The Soldier's Arms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the sound of your book! And your office sounds idyllic!
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was great getting to know Soraya.

    I wonder what Daniel's reckless mistake is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love that idea - of a husband and wife falling in love all over again. Hope she forgives him!

    ReplyDelete

You can discuss your romance novel addiction too!